I didn’t know what to expect when I went to go pick up your belongings. I had never done anything like that before. I hadn’t read about it in a story or seen anything like it in a movie. I was worried about getting there on time and worried about parking.
I was the only car parked in the parking lot, and there was nobody in line. I went to the window, showed my ID, and they said to wait.
I was called into a room and there I waited. It was like an office but there was only one door and a window with a hole cut out where things get passed through. I brought a bag because I didn’t know what to expect, I didn’t know what my father had on him.
He had some cash on him, but they give you a check and not cash. They gave me his wallet, which was empty and gave me all of what was in it, separately. I don’t remember the contents of what I came home with, but it wasn’t anything that I kept.
Most of it smelled and all of it didn’t have any sentimental value to me.
I was scared about doing it. But I was glad when it was all over.
The building was beautiful, very historic. It somehow made the whole process easier for me.
I am doing monthly personal challenges to help motivate myself.
It is a simple way for me to try and do something everyday for 30 days.
I will update this post for what I plan on doing next month.
Here are the things that I remembered about you:
- One time you ate the couch in half
- You would get excited about the windshield wiper, you maybe thought it was a bird
- When I would drive you in fey, the leaves would come out from underneath the hood and you would look backwards at the leaves flying out of the car
- The first time I drove you downtown to Erin’s loft, you sat on my lap most of the way
- It made me laugh when we went to the dog park and when you got tired with catching the ball, you would just go and lay down in the shade
I am running some scripts and they are faulty terrible scripts, So they make the computer run slow. I wanted to restart the OS X computer every night to just refresh what they did. I was having troubles with this and finally just sat down and troubleshooted it.
sudo crontab -e
In Crontab, And enter this and change the time to when you want to restart OS X:
10 0 * * * /sbin/shutdown -r now
The above code will restart the computer at 00:10 every day (morning)
Hopefully this will help others as it has helped me.